Call for Nominations | Schulman and Bullard Article Prize from APS
Schulman and Bullard Prize for an Outstanding Article on Printmaking
Nominations due by 31 January 2017
The Association of Print Scholars invites applications for the Schulman and Bullard Article Prize. The Prize is given annually to an article published by an early-career scholar that features compelling and innovative research on fine art prints or printmaking (versus printed matter). The award, which carries a $2,000 prize, is generously sponsored by Susan Schulman and Carolyn Bullard. Following the mission of the Association of Print Scholars, articles can feature aspects of printmaking across any geographic region and all chronological periods. Articles will be evaluated by a panel of advanced scholars and print experts for the author’s commitment to the use of original research and the article’s overall contribution to the field of print scholarship.
The Association of Print Scholars invites nominations and self-nominations for the 2017 Schulman/Bullard Article Prize meeting the following criteria:
• Authors must have graduated with an MA, MFA, or PhD fewer than 10 years prior to article publication and have less than 10 years of experience as a practicing professional in an academic or museum institution or as an independent scholar.
• Authors must be current members of APS.
• Articles must have been published in a journal, exhibition catalogue, or anthology between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Online publications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Articles must be between 3,000 and 10,000 words, inclusive of footnotes and references.
• Entries for consideration must be in English, though the text of the original article may be in any language.
To submit an article for consideration, please send the completed nomination form along with an electronic copy of the article to Angela Campbell, the APS Grants Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.